Fixing Common Install Errors
Common Installation Errors and how to resolve them!
Most install errors are a result of conflicting Python packages within your base environment. Thus, most install errors can be fixed by installing Mito inside of a virtual environment. If you are having any trouble with installing Mito, we reccomend you attempt to install Mito inside a virtual environment!
This is the most common error, and it is likely because you have failed to refresh your Jupyter. This is usually fixable through the following steps:
- 1.Shut down the currently running Jupyter instance. Close all browser tabs with Jupyter open.
- 2.Relaunch Jupyter. Retry calling
If this does not work, try rerunning the installer and repeating the above steps.
If your installation fails with a
PermissionError, then you likely will be able to successfully install Mito by rerunning the installation commands with adminstrator privileges.
For Windows, this means running the command prompt as an admin, and for Mac/Linux means using the sudo command for the installation commands
The installer finished successfully, but the sheet is not rendering when I follow the instructions to create a mitosheet.
This bug can be tricky to resolve. For the best chance of getting sorted, take the following steps:
- 1.In your browser, open the developer console. This is usually done by pressing
shift+right clicking, and then clicking the option that includes the word
- 2.When the developer tab opens up, click the section labeled
consoleand scroll to the top. You will likely see a red print out with some error messages.
- 3.Screen shot those error messages, and send them in an email to [email protected]! We'll respond within a few hours, and should be able to get your issues resolved!
I'm getting an SSL error on MacOSX
You're probably receiving this error because you need to install the SSL certificates**.**
- If you downloaded Python from the official website, then run
/Applications/Python\ 3.9/Install\ Certificates.commandin a terminal (change
3.9to whatever version you installed).
- If you installed Python using MacPorts, run
sudo port install curl-ca-bundlein a terminal.
If you have any other issues installing Mito, or you're looking to install Mito on JupyterHub or Kuberenetes, get in touch through our Discord. We'd love to help.
I do not have Python installed.